Your first visit to our office is the beginning of what we hope to be a long lasting relationship! During this visit, we will obtain important information, such as your medical and dental histories that will help us to take the best possible care of you. Even more important, we will take the time to get to know you! We want to understand your goals, your concerns, your fears and any other information you would like to share. We don’t just take of your teeth… we take care of you!
What to Expect
At your first visit you can expect to spend about an hour with Dr. Ott and one of her assistants and about an hour with the dental hygienist. During this time the following will be completed:
- We will take the time to get to know you!
- Medical and dental history review
- Necessary x-rays
- Comprehensive exam of your teeth, gums and oral tissue
- Evaluation of your jaw joint (TMJ)
- Oral cancer screening
- Intraoral photos
- Periodontal health evaluation
- Treatment consultation
- Dental cleaning (prophylaxis) with one of our dental hygienists or a periodontal consultation if advanced treatment is needed
New Patient Forms
For your convenience, new patient forms can be found by clicking on the following links. These forms can be printed, completed at home and brought with you to your appointment.